In EasyBCD ,I couldnt use Add New Entry??!!

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Raminzly

In EasyBCD ,I couldnt use Add New Entry??!!

Post by Raminzly »

in win Xp installed LMDE after installation process , i reboot my PC and come to win XP .by EasyBCD i wanted Add New Entry but this Error Apeared:

The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The system can not find the file specified.
Would you like to manually load a BCD registry for EasyBCD to manage? Please note that EasyBCD requires the Windows vista/7 boot loader, and will not work in XP-only environments

Does XP support Easy BCD or not? what can i do?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mads

Re: In EasyBCD ,I couldnt use Add New Entry??!!

Post by mads »

EasyBCD Frequently Asked Questions
EasyBCD requires the bootloader that comes with Vista/Win7. How to: Install the Vista Bootloader on Windows XP
jonuk76

Post by jonuk76 »

I'm wondering why you need it. Normally Grub (which is installed with Linux Mint) can be used to start Windows, and should have been set up when you installed Mint. Don't you have a boot menu at the moment? If you can start Windows and Mint using Grub, then you don't really need a third party boot manager.

I do use EasyBCD on one PC, because Grub cannot start Windows on this PC for some reason. I use other PC's where I just use Grub without problems.
Raminzly

Post by Raminzly »

How can i install LMDE alongside win XP? i havent cable internet connection. i have ((3 ))mobile internet .Now in Linux live CD, i cant . because when i configure my Huawei (3) mobile broadband , it wont be connect to internet...???
Raminzly

Post by Raminzly »

i know. but forget about EasyBCD. how can i install LMDE alongside xp?

Return to “Installation & Boot”