Trouble installing Mint? Me too. Here are some things to try

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
anandrkris

Re: Trouble installing Mint? Me too. Here are some things to

Post by anandrkris »

Installation of LM 13 worked flawlessly on both my laptops. Sad that so many users are facing issues here.
I sincerely hope these issues are reported as bugs and if confirmed they get fixed in next release.
Pierre
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Trouble installing Mint?

Post by Pierre »

It does seem that the time of a 'nix O/S being lightweight & will run on anything - have passed.
Mint now does have severe hardware requirements & that is mainly from it's upstream parent. :(

Mint 13, when it has finished it's install routine,
- simply sits @ the gui desktop & never spits out the DvD, or even reboots.

video issues have come back into play, & won't work on older H/W. :o

and some other things, as well . . .

either way - it's still away & better than the latest M$_Tax offering.
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] - when your problem is solved!
and DO LOOK at those Unanswered Topics - - you may be able to answer some!.
Iamwithin
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Iamwithin »

Thank you, Gracias, Merci, I installed Mint 13 LTS and it picked my wireless just great!
Take care.

Bill
viking777

Post by viking777 »

I started this thread over 1 year ago now, it was then relevant to Mint 12 we now have Mint13 and 14 soon to be 15. I feel therefore that although some of the information might be still relevant it really should not be receiving new posts, therefore I intend to close it. Read it by all means, and if it helps you in any way then I am happy about that, but if you have a problem with a current version of Mint please start a new topic as this one has had its day!

Return to “Installation & Boot”