phillips freevents x59 laptop

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Husse

Re: phillips freevents x59 laptop

Post by Husse »

Pleas please consider how you write
It's all in one go without punctuation and no line breaks. Really hard to read and I don't really understand what your problem is - apart from a phillips laptop - did not even know they made lappys...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Re: phillips freevents x59 laptop

Post by Guest »

thankyou for posting a reply and appologies for my punctuation and lack of line breaks ( :oops: no exuses)
there appear to be a few makes/models that are all similar,hy12 twinhead ,averatec 2460 notebook)
the problem it hangs/freezes almost straight away when trying to boot from disk

http://www.fitzenreiter.de/averatec/index-e.htm
ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=287939&page=6
the above links explain the problem in depth which is to do with 8139too:realtec 8139c ethernet driver(mmio)
as far as i can gather it needs to be pio instead of mmio

i have downloaded a few bits to read but not the i,s,o with the modified kernel for 2 reasons
1. i would like to know what i am doing and why
2. for no other reason i would like to duel boot mint rather than ubuntu

thankyou again just for replying as a newbie and struggling it does get a bit frustrating .
on the subject of "phillips doing a lappy" the x59 is a duel,core 1.6ghrz that comes with vista premium a 12.1 screen 4hr batt life and a hardy little piece of kit
they just dont appear to be very linux friendly

i would just like to add one other point and that is when i finally get mint installed and running i will list it here so that other's with the same lappy will have a starting point .
once again thankyou .

Return to “Installation & Boot”