Help! Boot/Grub errors.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
eroz
Level 1
Level 1

Help! Boot/Grub errors.

Post by eroz »

Ok. I've been using Linux Mint for maybe 2 months or so. I've been liking it so far but a couple of days ago I was trying to install gcstar via "synaptics install" but the program wouldn't work. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it again a few times, thinking that it didn't install correctly. I ended up rebooting and when I got back into Mint a message or two popped up. I don't remember what they said...but I thought they were about the program I was playing around with, so I clicked on Remove. I think it might have been Mintmenu, because afterwards Daryna, windows-like start button, disappeared and my mouse was not working and I was not able to do anything. I rebooted again and tried to get into Mint, regular and safe mode, and was unable, it would just freeze at startup. I was not able to get into Vista as well. I couldn't find any solution other than to fix Vista's MBR with the Vista Installation Recovery disk. Now I am able to access Vista.

What can I do to fix Mint? The partitions are still there.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Installation & Boot”