Booting from the CD or network..with modifications....

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Booting from the CD or network..with modifications....

Postby HotdogMachine on Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:49 pm

Quick question.. The idea of being able to run LinuxMint directly from the CD is just great... I would like to use it on a few employee computers BUT I would like to have some configuration updated in the load.. network drive auto mounted.. (and super minor things like the default webpage.. acrobat reader included... skype installed etc..)...

two questions..
does anyone have a resource / webpage to be able how-tos for such a configuration update..and then re-burn on to a CD and continue to ignore the HD....

ideally, i would like to deploy drone computers (e.g. no HD and no CD/DVD drive).. that are network booted that have the "approved" Linux Mint image installed.. with all the storage on centralized drives and the drones using Mounted HDs..... anyone have any experience or links for the how-tos for that?

-m

feel free to ping me offline if you prefer.. m1@cronventures.com

Super appreciate it! my first impression thus far RE LinuxMint is just great... Looking forward to a much larger deployment!
HotdogMachine
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Booting from the CD or network..with modifications....

Postby Husse on Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:23 pm

Your first question could be done with Remastersys - it's developed by a Mintie and has a forum in this forum
The rest is out of my league but I think you can do something like that
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Return to Installation & Boot