Uninstalling Mini from PC URGENT!!

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Uninstalling Mini from PC URGENT!!

Postby andywest on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:37 pm

Hi

Sorry for the Urgent bit but it is.

I need to completely uninstall Mint from my son's PC. It is the only OS on there and was a relatively new hard drive. I have done searches for info but not come up with anything. The PC has no floppy drive to run Fdisk and all i have is the Dell restoration CD. When i put the Cd in the PC nothing happens even after reboot as it boots to mint as usual.

I am a computer numpty so please use idiot speak for me thanks!!

Andy
andywest
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Uninstalling Mini from PC URGENT!!

Postby Fred on Sun Feb 17, 2008 8:47 pm

andywest,

There are a number of ways, but probably the easiest way for you would be to download and burn Supergrub iso. If you only speak English be sure to download the English version. :-)

You can restore the xp boot sector to the mbr with that cd. Your restore disk should then boot. Hopefully. :-)

Fred
Insanity: Doing the same thing over and over and each time expecting a different result.

Democracy is 2 wolves and a lamb voting on the menu. Liberty is an armed lamb protesting the electoral outcome. A Republic negates the need for an armed protest.
Fred
Level 10
Level 10

Re: Uninstalling Mini from PC URGENT!!

Postby muskratmx on Mon Feb 18, 2008 3:31 am

Or check your boot order, if the HD is coming before the CD it'll never boot the CD. The restore disk should be boot able on it's own if it's called for first .
muskratmx
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Installation & Boot