Creating A Live/Install USB On A Mac

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
henrymound

Creating A Live/Install USB On A Mac

Post by henrymound »

Hello, I have been surfing the forums of Linux Mint for a long time now and I know people have been having trouble creating a live Linux USB on a Mac. I know that Windows users have a great application that will build a live USB for you. I set out to do the same thing on a Mac. I believe I have come up with a great solution for OSX. It was originally intended just for Ubuntu users but I have found that it works really well for Linux Mint users as well. Anyway, if you want to check it out you can download the Linux USB Builder for free at http://www.penguintosh.com it works for both Snow Leopard and Lion. I would be greatfull for feedback of any kind. I have enclosed a screenshot to give you an idea of what the app looks like and how it works. I hope you like it!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
herpderp29

Re: Creating A Live/Install USB On A Mac

Post by herpderp29 »

THANK YOU! :D
nobodyfamous

Post by nobodyfamous »

Building now! (required because mac super drives are stupid drives = dvd always fail) Thanks a ton!!!
jackharvest

Post by jackharvest »

Any word on this becoming Mountain Lion compatible? I'd love to put my Linux Mint Distro on my usb drive via my mac.
JCH2

Post by JCH2 »

Would also love to know if this has worked for anyone else on ML. I will try it anyway to see, but am having no success in getting LM into a 4 year old MBP with (stupidly) ML recently installed. :(

Return to “Installation & Boot”