Stuck on black screen on boot up. Help!!

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Metrik420

New to Linux!!

Post by Metrik420 »

Hi every one I'm Metrik and I am new to Linux. And could really use some help or just a point in the right direction. I have been try to fix the problem below with no luck and no help form any one. And I am at the point where I am running out of things to do. And things to search. Any kinda help would be great. And nice to see all of you.
Have a good day!

have to use (sudo lightdm) to get to the login screen. But when i hit alt-ctrl-f2 to go in and do it it says [1393.035961] [drm:drm_crtc_helper_set_config]*ERROR* faild to set mode on [CTC:6]. but it allows me to login n and run the command (sudo lightdm) and then it boots to the login screen. and does this every time i shutdown and reboot. or even if i just restart it. i had the same problem with ubuntu to that is why i came over to mint 12.
Any help would be great.
Thanks every one!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
bimsebasse

Re: New to Linux!!

Post by bimsebasse »

Press CTRL+Alt+Backspace to get to the login screen (save everything in you session you don't want to lose first), don't run lightdm commands.
Metrik420

Post by Metrik420 »

Do I need to do that from the desktop screen?
Metrik420

Post by Metrik420 »

this is what i get on my screen when i boot up my computer. and just stays here.
Metrik420

Stuck on black screen on boot up. Help!!

Post by Metrik420 »

IMG_0542 (640x480).jpg
This is the screen i freeze on when i turn on my computer. i dont kow what to do. any help would be great. and if you need more info plz let me know.
Thanks every one
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here by moderator

Topics merged by moderator

Return to “Installation & Boot”