Nautilus won't use my folder view settings

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Rua
Level 3
Level 3

Nautilus won't use my folder view settings

Post by Rua »

I set Nautilus to use compact view by default and set the default zoom level to 66%. But whenever I browse to a new folder, it defaults to compact view in 100% zoom instead. 'Reset view to default' doesn't do anything. I can change the zoom manually, and then it remembers, but I don't want to keep doing this. I want ALL folders to be shown as the default with no exceptions. How can I fix this?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
darkstrike
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Nautilus won't use my folder view settings

Post by darkstrike »

Sorry to bump an older post, but I am having the same issue as the OP. I've set my preferences to default to Compact view with a zoom level of 66% as well, but upon opening new folders, they still default to Compact view at 100% zoom level...?

Also, does Nautilus have some sort of "apply view settings to all folders" setting?
Last edited by darkstrike on Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
DrHu

Post by DrHu »

There are probably some global settings that you can get to via gconf-editor or a tool
http://unix.stackexchange.com/questions ... l-settings
http://askubuntu.com/questions/167010/h ... to-compact
darkstrike
Level 5
Level 5

Post by darkstrike »

I tried the command found in your second link to move my Nautilus config to see if that did the trick: mv ~/.config/nautilus ~/.config/nautilus.bak

The command worked, but it didn't fix Nautilus - it's still not changing the view settings like I want it to. I took a closer look by looking into the Nautilus config directory AND the Nautilus config backup directory I just made in my Home directory - both are empty...?

Is the reason my Nautilus is not working because it's not saving the config files? Is there any way I could rectify this?

Return to “Software & Applications”