What other software do you install?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

What other software do you install?

Postby unreal223 on Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:59 pm

I'm wondering what other software you all have installed besides the default add ons. (just looking for some ideas of good software to try)
The only thing I've installed so far is the firefox widgets, msttcorefonts, and k3b.

What other software do you install/think is worthy of trying? So far all of the stuff I'm using (besides k3b and amarok) I could use on windows. What other great linux apps do you use?
unreal223
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: What other software do you install?

Postby muskratmx on Tue Mar 11, 2008 10:06 am

What apps you use depends on your need, to some extent. For example my dad does a lot of vidio edititng and sound editing, he uses different apps than I do. I do a lot of web authoring work.

I always install Sylpheed mail client, and Kmail. Because I prefer those over the others available. Another that seems to be missing in most distros, but I believe is standard in mint is MC file manager, and another file manager I always use if emelfm for a GUI file manager.

Then of course I have to add skype for my phone calls. I recently got Skype Beta .deb so as to do vidio calls. And then I have VBox for running windows apps.
muskratmx
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Software & Applications