Install Wine on Linux Mint 13 MATE 64 bit

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rogue_mouser

Re: Install Wine on Linux Mint 13 MATE 64 bit

Post by rogue_mouser »

I've got Wine running on LMDE 15, Mate desktop. I'm running 32 bit Wine on a 64 bit system, because some of the applications I run under Wine are 32 bit application.

I was able to compile 32-bit Wine on 64 bit LMDE without using the CHROOT method suggested at WineHQ by using instructions from a combination of sites. Unfortunately, I didn't note most of the URLs I used.

The first was from wiki.winehq.org/WineOn64bit. Since LMDE is built on Debian, not Ubuntu, I used the instructions for Debian Wheezy:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install ia32-libs libc6-dev-i386 lib32z1-dev ia32-libs-dev
ia32-libs-dev wasn't found in my repositories, so I dug a little deeper into the web, and found this:

sudo apt-get install libc6-dev-i386 lib32z1-dev
When I ran ./configure, I got an error stating that 32 bit Wine needed 32 bit X development libraries. I fixed that with this command:

sudo apt-get install xserver-xorg-dev:i386 libfreetype6-dev:i386
It's important to note that doing this last step removed build-essential, dkms and my wireless drivers. I don't know why, but I reinstalled build-essential and dkms first, then the wireless drivers. Wine, and the rest of my system, have been working fine since.

I hope this helps!
bodes

Post by bodes »

want to ask my friend geckol 1.5 already installed wine but not in the list menu-internet applications if there is something wrong in the install or to upgrade or have to also install wine1.4

Thanks for answer
bashcommando

Post by bashcommando »

Try here:
http://appnr.com/package/wine
Bryan1

Post by Bryan1 »

one of the jobs is to install wine and the software manager just greys out and stalls, now trying in the terminal gets me this

$ sudo apt-get install wine
[sudo] password for bryan:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
wine : Depends: wine1.4 but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

So after the issus I had with the ternimal and now this I'm starting to wonder if Mint 15 Mate IS a stable distro ?????
anjanaya

Post by anjanaya »

Hi,

Not sure if this is relevant but I mostly use a ppa.
Just try the instructions on [url]http://www.webupd8.org/2013/07/wine-16-released-with-10000-changes.html[/url] and maybe this will be resolved for all?

P.S. You may have to uninstall old installed packages.

Return to “Software & Applications”