I found a simple audio player

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
JohnH
Level 4
Level 4

I found a simple audio player

Post by JohnH »

Hi folks,

If you (like me) are sick of the slick audio players making something simple become complicated (note Amorak and it ilk) then I suggest you have a look at Aqualung. Its still beta but has huge promise because of what it can run.

To install it you need to add deb

Code: Select all

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian lenny main 
to your synaptic repositories and then load via synaptic. Itried installing the tarball but it through up an error message about not having something installed. I checked and it was there but I suppose Ubuntu put is somewhere out of the way. I also tried to install the debian tarball and it also spat out an error message about not finding libc6 or something. It was also present, but hiding. I did get it loaded using the synaptic method mentioned above.

The other trick is to install Jack Control. Aqualung is the FIRST package and only package I have used that has worked with Jack. I still can't get Rosegarden to run with it!

One of the things I love about this package is its simplicity. I don't find the glossy media players intuitive to use, and my eyesight and hand coordination is not good enough to handle XMMS (those confounded tiny controls..why?)

Aqualung needed to be setup the way I like it with some nice skins; I chose "dark". I also adjusted the default font size from Sans 11 to Sans 9. Perfect.

I Just thought I would share my new found toy.

Regards
John
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”