So i hear very often there is Linux software to do anything that i can do in Windows. Problem is, i don't know what software to download that will do what i want. The acronym naming schemes especially make it super difficult to even figure out what the heck it even is, much less can do for me.
Ok, so i'm 100% noob to Linux but extremely knowlegable at Windows and can build PC's..etc, i got Mint 13 (cinnamon edition) with all the 3rd party media codecs installed, got Grub2 ordered how i want it....now. i need software so i can get some work done. I made a list below of all the things i need my computer to do, so if someone could respond with a list of names for applications that can do those, i can find it and handle it from there....assuming its GUI based, i can't do and won't do command lines stuff. I do not know if Cinnamon has what i need already installed, but all i need is a name and i'll find it one way or another.
1. Convert MP3 and wav files to AAC files...basically rip CD's and convert MP3's to AAC. Can Audacity do this as a batch?
2. Convert videos like Mpg4, AVI..etc into Ipad file type...whatever that is. ....i want to watch vids on me ipad
3. RIP DVD's...still got some dvd's i want to rip....i know there is MKV maker? or something like that, but hopefully a converter (#2) could make them into Ipad format?
4. I need to place files into my Ipad...since there is no Itunes for Linux?, i need some alternative to it. I have PDF's and AAC music files i need to put on there and remove as desired.
5. I'd like to have a program like Imageshack Uploader....to easily and quickly upload my images and resize if possible.
6. i guess i need some kind of junk file remover to keep Linux from getting bloated with useless temp files and watnot.
7. A video Editor...doesn't have to be fancy, just basic editing of video's, but something simple to use. Normally i use Cyberlink Powerdirector on windows. so anything like that or Windows Movie Maker will do.
That should cover my main goals.