IE7

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fred

Re: IE7

Post by Fred »

shaney,

The only way I know of to run IE7 in Linux at this point is in a virtual machine. VirtualBox is a good way to go if you decide to go this root.

Fred
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Fred

Post by Fred »

shaney,

In the preferences menus for both the above mentioned browsers you can set them to report when queried, that they are whatever you wish.

Often sites will require IE for political or other reasons that have nothing to do with whether your alternative browser will work or not. So you are given the option of fooling the site into thinking it is IE so they will talk to your browser.

If on the other hand, there are true technical reasons, the use of active X scripts as an example, why IE is required then this will not help you.

The last time I checked IE 7 wouldn't run in Wine. IE 5, 5.5, and some support for IE 6 was what was available.

Fred
McLovin

Post by McLovin »

firefox has IETabs, just open your "tools, adons, and then get extensions, and do a search for IETabs, also there is a way to run IE6 in linux, but not IE7, the IE6 is called IEs4Linux, you go to this web site to get it http://www.tatanka.com.br/ies4linux/page/Main_Page but I would first try using IETabs in firefox, it even works on the MS update page, I go there in Windows with Firefox all the time.

Return to “Software & Applications”