My JRE is Broken

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

My JRE is Broken

Post by BakUp »

I have a web page that requires the Java Runtime Environment. When I go to that web page just lately now it comes up with a blank page and shows I need to download JRE. It has always worked before with Synaptic's Sun Java(TM) Runtime Environment (JRE) 5.0 and The Java(TM) Plug-in, Java SE 5.0

The link to that page is good as it works in all of my other distros listed below. The only thing I can think of that may have caused this would be a Synaptic upgrade recently, but I could never prove that as I do not use this web page much, just for when I am experiencing bad weather.....it is a radar loop.

I tried getting JRE back by Synaptic uninstalling both JRE's listed above and then reinstalling both environments again but that did not work. So I downloaded the jre-6u5-linux that the web page told me to do, the install appeared to go well, no errors. But after finishing the install I still had the same problem.....

I am out of ideas now, maybe someone here can help me to get my JRE back !

This is a rare post for me with a problem, my Mint OS's have always run almost without any issues.

Cheers......
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
My Linux Distros:
sidux - Parsix - DreamLinux - Mint
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Re: My JRE is Broken

Post by BakUp »

Yes, did that......And it did not show up, so I will try to figure out how to get registered and see if that will fix it....................thanks
My Linux Distros:
BakUp
Level 3
Level 3

Re: My JRE is Broken

Post by BakUp »

I did not find any info on registering JRE, but I did run across registering JDK which is a java development tool, but that is not what I have installed or want to install of course.

On the Mozilla/firefox plugin download page, I did find a newer version of JRE, which I installed but that did not make any difference either. I am beginning to think I will not get JRE back until I do a fresh install someday !

edit: if I go to firefox > tools > addons, it shows it has been installed.
If I enter about:plugins in firefox, it does not show up.
My Linux Distros:

Return to “Software & Applications”