Updates

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rosswmcgee

Updates

Post by rosswmcgee »

I have yet to see a notice for available updates, yet when I go to the update manager there are updates. Question, does Maya automatically show

available updates?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
w201

Re: Updates

Post by w201 »

On my system it does. Are you trying to upgrade to a new distro?

If not, I think you can run sudo apt-get install updates to sync your system then run sudo apt-get install upgrade to download any upgrades to your currently installed applications.

I don't think the method above works on sercurity patches and whatnot. Maybe someone else can answer that cuz I'd like to know myself.
rosswmcgee

Post by rosswmcgee »

No I just want the latest updates, which of course I find buy using the update manager. I just wondered if the update notice would appear in the panel.
w201

Post by w201 »

You can add the update manager to the panel. Just right click on the panel and select "add to panel" then click "application launcher" and find the update manager to add it to the panel.
rosswmcgee

Post by rosswmcgee »

Sounds good, but the update manager is not seen as an option.
w201

Post by w201 »

If you're running maya, It'll be under administration. Look for a white shield icon.

Return to “Software & Applications”