Looking for a login/password database

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
BartSr
Level 4
Level 4

Looking for a login/password database

Post by BartSr »

Hello,

I'm looking for a program in LinuxMint with which I can registrate in my own computes all the logins and passwords I have for Forums, Banks etcetera. After I login in that program on my pc (there has to be a lock on it), I see all my logins. Clicking on the name of that login, it simple brings me to that site (for example this forum), logs in for me and gives the password for that site. Dos anybody know such a program?

Bart
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwsnyder

Re: Looking for a login/password database

Post by cwsnyder »

Software Manager lists fpm2 & kedpm-gtk which are graphical password managers which seem to meet your criteria. I also looked at Keepassx, but it doesn't allow you to scan the database as a bookmark manager and launch your browser from within the program.
axel112
Level 1
Level 1

Sv: Looking for a login/password database

Post by axel112 »

You Can do that from within keepassX. Rightclick and then choose open url in browser. I'm using keepassX and am very satisfied how it works.
BartSr
Level 4
Level 4

Post by BartSr »

Hello everybody.

I've tested all suggestions and chose for the add-on Lastpass in Mozilla Firefox. The installtion is very simple ( Firefox > Extra > Add-ons) and it does wat I expected.

Thanks a lot!

Bart
axel112
Level 1
Level 1

Post by axel112 »

You're welcome. :)

Return to “Software & Applications”