Image editing software

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RaZZ3R

Image editing software

Post by RaZZ3R »

Hi, I've been google-ing for about 3 hours for software to process my images. My usual workflow has been on Windows with Adobe Lightroom 4.1, Adobe DNG Converter, ACDSee Pro 5, Photomatix Pro 4 and PTGui but now I want to leave all that behind, well not actually because I would love to use them with Linux Mint 13 but there not available. I found alternative options but now I'm really lost in witch would be better for what I would like not to spend days testing and learning all of the available options.

I need a RAW editor, powerful and non-destructive and if possible not to damn hard to learn, all I found is:
*Darktable
*Photivo
*RAW Therapee
*RAWStudio
*UFRAW
I also need a photo editor, mostly JPEG, for batch editing, renaming, croping, resizeing, rotating, converting, taging and printing. I would be nice to easily manage my photo's witch number in thousands now. All the alternative that I found for ACDSee Pro 5 are:
*digiKam
*Shotwell
*F-Spot
I really don't like and want to use all those proprietary RAW formats that are floating around so I prefer to convert my RAW files to DNG and that really important because I want to be able to open my photos from 10-20 years from now. And I didn't find anything that could convert my Panasonic's G2 RAW files to Adobe's DNG.

I'm also looking for a more specialized software to make HDR, panoramas and defishing images and timelapse videos.

I'm not really lazy to google myself but I took me 3 months to learn to use Adobe Lightroom 4, and I still don't use it to the maximum of it's potential, when I moved from ACDSee. If I where to take just a look at some of the RAW editing software it would scare the hell out of me :oops:
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
cwsnyder

Re: Image editing software

Post by cwsnyder »

Have you read this article, and especially the comment thread? http://scribblesandsnaps.com/2011/01/27 ... converter/

It looks like digiKam, but I haven't used any of these files, myself. I only own a point & shoot which saves in .jpeg files.
RaZZ3R

Re: Image editing software

Post by RaZZ3R »

cwsnyder wrote:Have you read this article, and especially the comment thread? http://scribblesandsnaps.com/2011/01/27 ... converter/

It looks like digiKam, but I haven't used any of these files, myself. I only own a point & shoot which saves in .jpeg files.
Thanks so much, that was exactly what I needed, among other stuffs :D

Return to “Software & Applications”