[Solved] linux mint 14 and vlc

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
animehq

Post by animehq »

Since i upgraded to Nadia, vlc open all video with wrong aspect ratio (it look like 5:4) and i have to change it myself everytime...
If someone know how to fix that...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
animehq

Re: linux mint 14 and vlc

Post by animehq »

up
animehq

Post by animehq »

CtrlAltDel wrote:Anime,

Try deleting your VLC configuration file and let us know if that worked or not. It will regenerate itself the next time you open VLC so, don't worry. The file can be found here:

(HOME)/.config/vlc/vlcrc

This will reset everything back to default, all your settings will be gone. But, hopefully, it should once again allow you to modify individual settings and have them stick.
Thank's it work now :-)
igor83

Post by igor83 »

CtrlAltDel wrote:
animehq wrote:
CtrlAltDel wrote:Anime,

Try deleting your VLC configuration file and let us know if that worked or not. It will regenerate itself the next time you open VLC so, don't worry. The file can be found here:

(HOME)/.config/vlc/vlcrc

This will reset everything back to default, all your settings will be gone. But, hopefully, it should once again allow you to modify individual settings and have them stick.
Thank's it work now :-)
Great, anime, I'm glad I was able to help you. If you don't mind, now you could edit your original post's subject to look like this:

so that no one else will come along and open it thinking you still need help.
I thank you too, because I was looking for the location of the VLC config file. It took me hours to customize VLC the way I like it, and I wanted to just copy the config file over to my other PC that has similar hardware specs. On Xubuntu however, the hidden .config directory is located in (HOME)/[system name] rather than just (HOME).

Return to “Software & Applications”