Firefox 17, window size & location; localstore.rdf

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
norumaru

Firefox 17, window size & location; localstore.rdf

Post by norumaru »

Hi,

ever since the update to Firefox 17 came through the Update manager, Firefox has been acting rather erratically. It does not save window size and position for the next start anymore. Instead, it comes up maximized each time. So I reset it via Help > Troubleshooting. After that, it came up in windowed mode, but would always come up in that position, and after I changed window size the first time, it went back to starting in fullscreen.

I found out that these problems often come from a corrupted localstore.rdf file, so I deleted that and viola, on the next start, Firefox did as it was told - for that one start. Right now, if I want it to come up right, I have to delete localstore.rdf between each closing and opening of the program, and if I do that, it resets all the bars. localstore.rdf seems to get written corrupted already.

I am on LM13, cinnamon 1.6.7. Any idea on how to remedy this? Does anyone else have the same problem?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Firefox 17, window size & location; localstore.rdf

Post by remoulder »

Ensure you are the owner and have read, write and execute permissions on all files and folders under your .mozilla folder.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
norumaru

Post by norumaru »

Thanks for your reply! I checked via file properties and did sudo chmod -R 777 to be sure, but sadly, no change.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Post by remoulder »

The only other thing I can suggest is to try a new profile which you can create by pressing Alt+F2 and entering

Code: Select all

firefox -ProfileManager
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
norumaru

Post by norumaru »

Sorry, I forgot to say. I tried that already, to no avail. Well, I guess I'll have to wait fo rthe next update and hope they fix it.
norumaru

Post by norumaru »

I did some more fiddling around and found that it does remember the window size in safe mode, but uninstalling all extensions does not help. Not even a fresh, unaltered install remembers window size & place - unless in safe mode. Does anyone have an idea what could be going on?

Return to “Software & Applications”