Sometimes the startup programs are not executed in Mint 14

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zephyroth

Sometimes the startup programs are not executed in Mint 14

Post by Zephyroth »

I'm typing with a completly different keyboard layout, which is not available by default in any Linux Distribution. So I need to run a small shell script, to set up my keyboard layout properly. Unfortunatly sometimes it is not executed after login. This happens approximatly once per ten logins. I tried everything (i.e. deleting and re-entry the entry in the "startup programs").

Does anyone have an idea, why this happens?

It was no problem with Mint 13 or Mint 14, it's just a problem with Mint 14.1 (where the Intel driver where bugfixed).

Greetz,
Zeph
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Zephyroth

Re: Sometimes the startup programs are not executed in Mint

Post by Zephyroth »

Now Mint 14 is also running on my bigger Laptop, the Asus G75. Also here I have the problem, that my keyboard layout is not activated. That could mean, that it's not executed, or the setting is overwritten due to a bad timing when logging in.

Where can I find in which order the entries in the "startup programs" are executed?

Greetz,
Zeph

Return to “Software & Applications”