Record My Desktop No Audio

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ecoalex
Level 3
Level 3

Record My Desktop No Audio

Post by ecoalex »

Mint 11
In 2011 I posted this,and tried all suggestions still no internal sound.I can get audio from an external source (mic) for video audio,but the quality is poor.If I can have external audio,why not internal,when I have the input internal analog audio? I have 2 audio mixers installed;Kmix as well as ALSA, could there be a conflict? I have tried all audio settings including inputs, Thanks example:

Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
My2CentsWorth

Re: Record My Desktop No Audio

Post by My2CentsWorth »

I use Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon with the desktop recording software Kazam Screencaster. I found I had to in my case change the Audio Source from > Build-in Audio Analog Stereo to > Monitor of Built-in Audio Analog Stereo. I bumped the frame rate to 30 and played with the volume controls running a number of 20 second test recordings of regional space over youtube videos until I got it exactly how I wanted. Not sure if this helps you, just stating my personal expierience with it.
-Mark
ecoalex
Level 3
Level 3

Post by ecoalex »

Thanks for the info.I cannot get Mint 14 cinnamon to work due to a graphics driver problem. I have that posted in the install forum.Until that is resolved,installing mint 14 is not an option.
zeddock

Post by zeddock »

Mint 14 does not seem to have the option to record the audio. I suspect mostly due to the input connections.

I have tried pavucontrol and loading the gui front end of recordmydesktop. But I have had no success.

Other than this, I am quite happy with Mint 14.

Return to “Software & Applications”