[SOLVED] Wireless Printing

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
llabtaem

[SOLVED] Wireless Printing

Post by llabtaem »

Hello Linux Mint world, My old man is running Linux Mint 13 Maya with Cinnamon and he just bought a new wireless printer from the company named Brother, its model number is MFC-J435W. Now they have drivers and even a how to so you can use their printer in linux here is the website. I followed the instructions and everything seemed to be fine because the printer was there and everything but, when I go to print it tells me it's printing and even says the print job is completed but the printer doesn't print anything. The printer works fine because I had to set it up on a windows machine for my ma. On my travels through the internet looking for an answer I came a crossed an article that said I need to add the user to the cupsd.conf file but, I don't know where to put it or what exactly to put because the article was outdated.

For the most part I have no idea what I am talking about or doing so if someone can please point me in the right direction and if you need any information please let me know and I will happily provide it. Thanks in advance
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
llabtaem

Re: Wireless Printing

Post by llabtaem »

I got it working now, after looking through the website I provided there was a section on how to set up one of the drivers by modifying a file and I must have over looked it. So sorry for any inconvenience and thank you for your time.

Return to “Software & Applications”