Espn3 login redirect loop

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
andr3w321

Espn3 login redirect loop

Post by andr3w321 »

I'm having trouble watching espn3 where I login and am sent in a redirect loop where it tries to repeatedly verify my ISP login credentials. The exact problem is discussed here: http://forums.comcast.com/t5/XfinityTV- ... 7823#M7466 But no real solution was found.
Below is a suggestion from one of the posters:
----------------------------------------------------------
The "solution" of changing browser settings, such as cache or cookies, might relate to some of these issues but is not likely the case in many others.

The cause of repeated prompting for the service provider, the start of this thread, is best identified by NURGLE's posting. In that case, the problem was resolved by removing a Privacy filter (software setting) that was blocking a PING during the Comcast validation/authentication process from WATCHESPN.

The blocked PING can also be caused by Firewall setting on a 'smart firewall' such as a LinkSys or other router, as well as software Firewalls on individual machines. The failure occurs when the LOGIN to Comcast from WATCHESPN goes to "idp.comcast.net" which is likely "ID Proofing" for your login credentials. The string includes a ticket (certificate) of your credentials as well as a Single-signon Ping to detect spoofing (SSO.PING). If the validation PING back doesn't make it, then Comcast assumes it was faked or spoofed. Whoops, no validation and you get the prompt again to enter your service-provider.

So...check any software or routers that act as a Firewall/Privacy settings. Turn off the firewall-filters just to test to see if that corrects your problem (in particular any setting that is enabled related to Privacy or PING filtering). Good luck.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Officially espn3 does not support linux, but I had it running on Linux Mint 12 and recently updated to 14. I have tried switching browsers, firefox and chromium will not work, however, if I switch computers I can watch it no problem on my mac so it is not a router issue.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
andr3w321

Re: Espn3 login redirect loop

Post by andr3w321 »

Bump. Any help?
andr3w321

Re: Espn3 login redirect loop

Post by andr3w321 »

Finally got this to work by using the windows version of firefox with wine. http://itswapshop.com/tutorial/how-inst ... linux-wine

Return to “Software & Applications”