CCSM does nothing solved

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

CCSM does nothing solved

Postby stevemcc on Thu May 01, 2008 3:14 pm

For some reason, after I install CCSM to edit my compiz settings, it does not do anything. I can go through the GUI making changes, but none of them take effect.

EDIT: If I re-run compiz (compiz --replace) it suddenly begins to work. Its not that I to re-run compiz everytime that I make a change. I only have to re run it once then it makes changes instantly. I figure I should still post so devs are aware and for others that are having this problem.
stevemcc
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: CCSM does nothing solved

Postby Husse on Thu May 01, 2008 3:33 pm

I think you just had a "hick up"
Not the KDE edition I hope
Don't fix it if it ain't broken, don't break it if you can't fix it
Husse
Level 21
Level 21

Re: CCSM does nothing solved

Postby listdata_345 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:38 am

stevemcc wrote:For some reason, after I install CCSM to edit my compiz settings, it does not do anything. I can go through the GUI making changes, but none of them take effect.

EDIT: If I re-run compiz (compiz --replace) it suddenly begins to work. Its not that I to re-run compiz everytime that I make a change. I only have to re run it once then it makes changes instantly. I figure I should still post so devs are aware and for others that are having this problem.

Thanks, I had the same problem with Elyssa Main Edition (with all the latest updates as of the writing of this post). I put in custom commands in the General Options --> Commands tab, with the commands and the key bindings I put in not working at all. Once I ran compiz --replace in the terminal, my key bindings for the custom commands worked instantly.
listdata_345
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications