"Problem" shutting down Mint 14(and 13)

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
alnaufra

"Problem" shutting down Mint 14(and 13)

Post by alnaufra »

Hi,
The thing is that when i shut down my Mint 14(also happened whith 13) it doesn't close my apps correctly, for example if i don't close my google chrome and i shut down when i start my computer again and i open it it sais to "restore session" like if it was close perforce.
It's not a big problem, and the easiest solution is to close all before shutting down, but i would like to know if there is another solution.
Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kyphi
Level 9
Level 9

Re: "Problem" shutting down Mint 14(and 13)

Post by kyphi »

the easiest solution is to close all before shutting down
make that
"the proper and only way to shut down your computer is to close all running applications first".
Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon
billmc

Re: "Problem" shutting down Mint 14(and 13)

Post by billmc »

By design, they do this. It makes it easier for you to continue from where you were, if for instance, you have a power failure. I'll actually use that feature sometimes, if I'm following trouble shooting instructions and need to reboot. By not closing the browser, when I start it back up, it brings me right back to where I was in the directions.

Return to “Software & Applications”