simple music player for flac files

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
damieno613

simple music player for flac files

Post by damieno613 »

I'm coming from windows using winamp.

Now banshee will work for me, but I don't like the smart playlist. I want to be able to open and close individual playlists and only see the songs from that playlist.

I tried qmmp but couldn't find any menus.

Damien
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Re: simple music player for flac files

Post by caf4926 »

Dunno

But other options are: Rhythmbox, Clementine,
Plenty of others too
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
d00med

Post by d00med »

Audacious has a winamp like UI you can enable (sudo apt-get install audacious). Decibel is another minimal player. Both support flac.
terryl
Level 1
Level 1

Post by terryl »

Many of music players in Linux can play FLAC file out of the box. Of all these, I have tried all the big names Rhythmbox, Banshee, Amarok, Exhaile, XMMS, Audacious, JuK. Of all these XMMS and Audacious have the WinAmp look, so it will take you less than 2 seconds to figure out where things are.

If you are more into organising your music files, then try Clementine and/or Guayadeque. I've been a long time FLAC-ophile and I love Clementine the most, but it's more like music library management/player. However what i like most here is Clementine can work seamlessly with the embedded cue sheet. So if you rip your gapless cds (imagine concerts or some Pink Floyd's stuff) as one track flac file with embedded cue, Clementine will read into the cue file and list the songs as show on your CD. The 'big name' ones can't do this. Bad thing about it is, first time library load takes quite a long time. Afterward it just constantly monitor the library.
toey-HP-ProDesk-600-G1-SFF
Kernel: 4.15.0-147-lowlatency x86_64
Linux Mint 19.3 Tricia
Desktop: Cinnamon 4.4.8 wm
classicrock71

Post by classicrock71 »

I really like Clementine,

Return to “Software & Applications”