XPDF Fonts Missing

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

XPDF Fonts Missing

Postby FigNeutron on Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:27 am

Hello friends:

Excuse me if this question was already answered, but the search box doesn't return anything relevant, and solutions returned from Google do not work after fiddling for an hour or two. Most of those posts were older than 5 years, so I thought I'd try my luck here.

After entering the command:

Code: Select all
xpdf test.pdf

which works on Document Viewer, I get the following error message:

Code: Select all
Warning: Cannot convert string "-*-helvetica-medium-r-normal--12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct
Warning: Cannot convert string "-*-courier-medium-r-normal--12-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct
Warning: Cannot convert string "-*-times-bold-i-normal--20-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct
Warning: Cannot convert string "-*-times-medium-r-normal--16-*-*-*-*-*-iso8859-1" to type FontStruct
Syntax Error: Couldn't create a font for 'ABCDEE+Verdana'
Segmentation fault

NOTE: The "test" document was written only with the Verdana font face. It is in the correct file location, no spaces in the title, etc. I've even tried this (for grins) with a PDF of only pictures, but text was still recognized.

I have reinstalled xpdf and have tried copying font packages here and there and nothing works. I can provide more information as necessary. Thanks.

Regards,
FigNeutron
FigNeutron
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Software & Applications