Weard peazip sensatiuon...

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nomko

Weard peazip sensatiuon...

Post by nomko »

Hi guys,

I installed Peazip since i find this tool very handy for all sort of zipped files and a it's nice GUI. I downlaoded Peazip from here: http://peazip.sourceforge.net/peazip-linux.html and selected the GTK2 recommended DEB (all) package. I didn't encountered any issues installing Peazip of any kind. But now iot comes:
- No launcher in the Cinnamon menu's
- Trying to start Peazip using the terminal gives me this:
nomko@nomko-mint14 /usr/local/bin $ peazip
bash: /usr/local/bin/peazip: No such file or directory
But when i go to that directory i see that the files are there. What's going on? Did i unknowing download and installed the wrong package?? Doesn't Peazip go well with Cinnamon and/or Mint?? Any help and advise here!
Many thanks!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Weard peazip sensatiuon...

Post by viking777 »

That is just a symlink nomko, follow the link and see where it leads, that might uncover the missing file.
nomko

Post by nomko »

viking777 wrote:
That is just a symlink nomko, follow the link and see where it leads, that might uncover the missing file.
I understand that about symbolic link. But even so, in the terminal??? Should that program just start up after entering the command in the terminal?
viking777

Post by viking777 »

If the peazip symbolic link is broken, it won't start however you try and do it. If the link leads to an existing executable file then this line of enquiry is of no value.
nomko

Post by nomko »

I removed it and now i try to re-install again using the tarball. Maybe that will make a difference.
nomko

Post by nomko »

i've tried everything: normal installation using a .deb file, installation using a tarball and i even found some PPA for Peazip. At the end, no results!

It seems like that Cinnamon is blocking a correct installation of Peazip. And still i like this tool above all others.

Anyone here with the same weird experience?

My specs can be found in my sig.

Return to “Software & Applications”