Synaptic Package Manager [SOLVED]

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Dr.U
Level 2
Level 2

Synaptic Package Manager [SOLVED]

Post by Dr.U »

I did some searching in the forum but did not find an answer to my 'problem'. If it is out there, then please excuse me for posting this.

My 'problem': I like using synaptic but would like to be able to have it set up in such a way that following a 'reload' of what's out there, only the packages that have newer versions available will be displayed. It looks like some sort of filter should do it, but my experiments to date have all failed. Can anyone out there explain to me how this can be accomplished -- or is it not possible to do this?

Thanks in advance,

-- Dr. U
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
frank392
Level 4
Level 4

Post by frank392 »

Hi Dr.U,
On the synaptic Package Manager menu go to Settings => Filters.
Hope that is what you are looking for.
Dr.U
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Dr.U »

frank392 wrote:Hi Dr.U,
On the synaptic Package Manager menu go to Settings => Filters.
Hope that is what you are looking for.
When I wrote that I had been experimenting but without success, I was referring to exactly this menu entry: Settings => Filters. I tried various things, but nothing changed to what I want. If anyone knows how to set the filters up to do what I am looking for, then please write a brief description of the steps.

Thanks in advance,

-- Dr. U
Dr.U
Level 2
Level 2

Problem SOLVED !!

Post by Dr.U »

|_NiGhTmArE_| wrote:the filter that you want is already setted as default... after you have clicked on reload just click on Status (the button on the left-bottom) and then select Installed (upgradable), I hope that is the english name... now you can see all packages that have newer version
Grazie mille!!! 8)

It never occurred to me to try clicking on the 'Status' button :roll:

Hope you are enjoying Bianca as much as I am: the Mint Linux Team has done a fine job!!

Ciao |_NiGhTmArE_|

-- Dr. U

Return to “Software & Applications”