Unable to install yEd

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ioctlvoid

Unable to install yEd

Post by ioctlvoid »

I am unable to install yEd on Linux Mint 14 (XFCE, 64-bit).

I execute the following command:

Code: Select all

sh yEd-3.10.1_32-bit_setup.sh
Which gives me the following error:

libmawt.so: libXtst.so.6: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
I have tried this as a regular user, and as root.

I have tried to switch to using the Sun JRE instead of the default OpenJDK.

When I search for: find / -mount -name "libXtst.so.6" I can see I have it in:
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXtst.so.6

How do I resolve this issue?

Edit:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH="/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu"
sh yEd-3.10.1_32-bit_setup.sh
libmawt.so: libXtst.so.6: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
So apparently this requires the 32-bit version of that library. Where can I get that and how do I install that on Linux Mint 14?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Unable to install yEd

Post by xenopeek »

This is probably a 32-bit build of yEd? Then you would need the 32-bit version of that library. You can either install ia32-libs-multiarch to get most common libraries also install in 32-version, or you can install just this library in 32-bit version. For that you would install libxtst6:i386.

Helpful commands:

locate libXtst.so.6
Finds much faster than find, as it searches an index database of files instead of the filesystem itself.

Then once you have found the path of the library, you can ask which package installed it:

dpkg -S /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXtst.so.6
It tells you this comes from the libxtst6:amd64 packages. Replace amd64 with i386 to install the 32-bit version.
ioctlvoid

Re: Unable to install yEd

Post by ioctlvoid »

xenopeek wrote:This is probably a 32-bit build of yEd? Then you would need the 32-bit version of that library. You can either install ia32-libs-multiarch to get most common libraries also install in 32-version, or you can install just this library in 32-bit version. For that you would install libxtst6:i386.

Helpful commands:

locate libXtst.so.6
Finds much faster than find, as it searches an index database of files instead of the filesystem itself.

Then once you have found the path of the library, you can ask which package installed it:

dpkg -S /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libXtst.so.6
It tells you this comes from the libxtst6:amd64 packages. Replace amd64 with i386 to install the 32-bit version.
Thanks, installing ia32-libs-multiarch worked.

Return to “Software & Applications”