language shows in Dutch on some apps

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sonoma

language shows in Dutch on some apps

Post by sonoma »

just opened my printer to print a page and all the options are in Dutch language not english as my language. I noticed all pdf files for the open box to download shows as dutch also.when the pages load they are in English.I tried to delete Dutch language but no luck. anyone have this same problem? I do not know how to get all the download and printer boxes back to english. all pages I download and open are in english. it is just my printer file box and downloads that are wrong
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: language shows in Dutch on some apps

Post by xenopeek »

Is this only happening in applications you installed after Linux Mint was installed? Some applications pretend to be smart, and based on your IP address match you to a country and then start using the language for that country. You can usually override that in the application's preferences.
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

I have been using mint for about 3 months now and this just started tonight .or at least it is the 1st time in 2 days I have used my printer and downloaded a page to look at tonight. it is just the application page that is in dutch.
sonoma

Post by sonoma »

I was able to get this fixed. I downloaded adoberead and I now have my english laguage back on all my apps .thanks to all for reading.

Return to “Software & Applications”