LO/OO question

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dougmack

LO/OO question

Post by dougmack »

I get some inputs to a newsletter via email. I copy and paste the text into LO or OO (which I have installed) and have the following problem in either:
I make the text in the processor justified. But then there may be a last line in each paragraph that is much shorter, and it may then spread
all the words way out like this to fill in the line to the right margin.
Trying to highlight just that line and "left justify" it causes the whole body of text to be left justified. How can I make those last lines
not fill in to the right margin?

Here's a sample of text that does this--set the font size to 15, (to make it easier to edit) and then copy to LO or OO, and do a full justify. Now fix the last line,
and tell me how, please! (Quote on:)

It’s hard to argue with someone who says that Tchaikovsky, Beethoven and Vivaldi would be near impossible to play by ear. It’s also hard to deny the fact that Ray Charles, Stevie Wonder and Pig Robbins didn’t sight read and all three created beautiful, lasting music.

If your intention is to play in an orchestra, it’s hard to organize something like that by ear. It’s imperative that you sight read. Certain instruments lend themselves better to sight reading than playing by ear. The piano is a great example of this because you have everything laid out in a line.

(Quote off.)

Thanx--doug
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
eanfrid

Re: LO/OO question

Post by eanfrid »

Hit "enter" at the end of the last line of each paragraph.
dougmack

Re: LO/OO question

Post by dougmack »

Yep, works like a charm! I don't know how you discovered that, but thank you!

--doug

SOLVED

Return to “Software & Applications”