[pluma] syntaxt highlighting patterns

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

[pluma] syntaxt highlighting patterns

Postby Yerba Mate on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:40 pm

I have a bunch of questions regarding the syntax highlighting mechanism of pluma editor.

First of all, is "syntax highlighting pattern" (SHP) the correct name for the collection of definitions describing a particular language for the purpose of syntax highlighting in a text editor? I conducted a small investigation on that matter which led me to greater confusion about the naming than I had been experiencing before. Now, the words "schema", "definition", "rules", etc., are flying around my head. So, please correct me if I am wrong so I could change the topic.

Now, to the point. Where and in what format are the SHP stored? Is it an exclusive pluma's feature or is there a general syntax highlighting subsystem shared between MATE desktop applications? ...or maybe even among the whole GNU/Linux OS?

I there a place (pluma's homepage? ...I haven't found one ...excluding source repository at github) where additional SHP may be downloaded? And, what's even more interesting, where should I upload my SHP (eg. for TT2) to contribute pluma?

Last bumped by Yerba Mate on Mon Feb 11, 2013 12:40 pm.
Yerba Mate
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Return to Software & Applications