Video Editing software

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ZeonOtaku

Video Editing software

Post by ZeonOtaku »

We have some promo videos at work my supervisor wants to send out (read email) to people. Problem is, some of these videos range from 10-60MB. And these are short videos, the longest may be five minutes. Using the likes of Microsoft Movie maker, I've cut some of these videos down to 10-20MB. I was hoping a Linux editor may have some more options. I'm looking for something that may be user friendly.

I'm running Mint 13 Cinnemon. I've also done a search on these forums and heard about something called "cinelerra" though I did an aptitude search and could not find it.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Orbmiser

Re: Video Editing software

Post by Orbmiser »

Open Shot should be in the repo's.
http://www.openshot.org/features/
ZeonOtaku

Post by ZeonOtaku »

Thanks, I've got it installed. Now to try it out!
Wompoo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Wompoo »

Do you have any feedback for us readers?
I too am looking at a beginner level video editor. The download proceedure for Open Shot does sound a bit complicated. Any suggestions or comments welcome.
Desktop PC #1
Linux Mint 20.3 MATE desktop (64-bit), Asus
ASUSTeK model: P5G41T-M LX, 8 Gb RAM
gold_finger

Post by gold_finger »

Hello Wampoo,

I don't know anything about video editing, so can't help on how OpenShot works; but when someone says software is "in the repos" (as Orbmiser did above), they mean it can be installed directly through the Software Center, Synaptic Package Manager, or with a terminal command.

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install openshot
"Repos" is just short for the Mint software repositories that you normally install programs from. Use the OpenShot link above just for getting more information on its features and use (there's a help manual under "Need Help?" on their home page). Don't install from their download section unless you have to have the latest version for some reason.
Wompoo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Wompoo »

Thanks for that gold finger. I have it installed now, but it's asking for more files to get full feature functioning. I will do that in the morning when my connection is a bit more stable and reliable.
Desktop PC #1
Linux Mint 20.3 MATE desktop (64-bit), Asus
ASUSTeK model: P5G41T-M LX, 8 Gb RAM
Pilosopong Tasyo
Level 6
Level 6

Post by Pilosopong Tasyo »

Wompoo wrote:...but it's asking for more files to get full feature functioning.
IINM, it's asking something about Blender (path to the Blender executable, perhaps?) for the animated titles. If you're not going to use animated titles, you can ignore the warning.
o Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day. Teach him how to fish and he will eat for a lifetime!
o If an issue has been fixed, please edit your first post and add the word [SOLVED].

Return to “Software & Applications”