Error updating, say I have to use dpkg

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
springmang

Error updating, say I have to use dpkg

Post by springmang »

I'm having the same problem, I have two netbooks one can be updated the second can't it states: E: dpkg was interrupted, you must manually run 'sudo dpkg --configure -a' to correct the problem.
E: _cache->open() failed, please report. but when I run it, it states no such command exists. My question is it updated previously so what's going on now??
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Errir updating, say I have to use dpkg

Post by xenopeek »

Made you your own topic, as your problem has nothing at all to do with the topic on which you replied it. Please see the "Before you post please read this" link in the forum rules above, which will give you some basic guidelines on how to get help with a problem (not adding your problem to somebody else's topic when you get a different error being rather important to get help for yourself :wink:).

It asks you to run a command from the terminal. Can you try that again and share the output here? You can copy text to/from the terminal, see its Edit menu. The command to run is without the quotes, so:

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg --configure -a

Return to “Software & Applications”