Window title bar options???

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
KilUma
Level 3
Level 3

Window title bar options???

Post by KilUma »

Years ago, when I still used only Windows, I used a program called WindowBlinds or DesktopX(Can't remember which one did what I liked).

The 'program' allowed me to add functionality to my open programs/windows. Instead of having just the options to minimize, maximize, close, & window menu... I was able to place buttons in the title bar of the window/program that allowed me to roll-up, toggle opaque, :oops: TILE ALL WINDOWS :oops: (where in the world is this in Mint?).

These functions are pretty basic, especially at this stage of development. I'm not a coder beyond cnc, or I'd do it myself.

I would think there would be some options in the Linux world, and hopefully this new topic will lead to a discovery/lesson.

If you know of any programs, techniques, or a step-by-step, please let me know.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Lenovo 80TJ 110-15ACL | Win10 & Mint19.1Mate
jungle_boy
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Window title bar options???

Post by jungle_boy »

Compiz + Emerald have additional windows settings.
Samsung Odyssey, Octa-core, i5 9300H, Geforce GTX 1650, 16GB RAM, SSD SAMSUNG NVMe 500GB
LM 21 Cinnamon
KilUma
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Window title bar options???

Post by KilUma »

I think I figured out the problem. Emerald didn't come with my version of compiz. I downloaded compiz a few weeks ago, but I actually had to do something important, and now that I have time again I'm starting to mess with this issue again.

I searched the package manager for emerald, but there were no results. I've checked compiz's website for a dl of emerald, but it's not there. While on their website I ran into a wiki that says emerald is deployed with compiz. Unfortunately, not mine. Since enabling compiz, my window title bars have disappeared from most but not all windows. That's weird, and I can't find the setting to change that. I've tried defaulting back to gtk as my window manager, but that doesn't fix it.

Other than that, I'm enjoying the compiz animations. They work well on my system.

Update: I turned the Window Decoration plugin on. I got a title bar back, but it only gives me the window menu on the left and the close 'x' on the right. It won't allow me to move or resize the window.
Screenshot1.png
Screenshot2.png
And I can't seem to find the options to add what I'm actually wanting the most.
Lenovo 80TJ 110-15ACL | Win10 & Mint19.1Mate

Return to “Software & Applications”