WordBiz is installed and boots but freezes

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

WordBiz is installed and boots but freezes

Postby tbrownarcher2 on Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:08 pm

I am running linux mint 13 cinnamon
I have a program called ' WordBiz '. I have , with help , gotten it installed and it will boot up but very soon after I use it it freezes up and i can't use it. The desktop is still active becas use I can use the Menu on the desktop, I can go to another program of any kind . But the only way to get Wordbiz off the screen is to kill it with the wordbiz icon on the task bar. So I am writing hoping that someone has had this problem and can help me to get this program running. If I can get it to run I may not open windows in a long time ...
thanks,
Nate
IBM lenovo ThinkCentre which is using linux mint 17 cinnamon

Dell dimension 3000 using linux mint 14 mate cinnamon

HP Pavilion A 720 n runnng linux mint 14 and 15 mate

Toshiba Sattalite laptop running Linux mint 15 and Windows 7
tbrownarcher2
Level 4
Level 4

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: WordBiz is installed and boots but freezes

Postby DrHu on Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:33 pm

I haven't tried it yet, but I would probably start it from a terminal, and maybe have top or htop running, so that i can check the programs status..
  • I might also try running it mostly on its own
    --that is with no other applications apart from the dsktop and the OS standard services or modules running
  • I usually trim the install and remove services or modules I don't need, suc as pccard (pcmia), bluetooth, avahi etc..

I did download it (scabble app), and you were probably the one who alerted me to that application in one of your other posts, so I'll give it a shot, but I use LMDE, not Mate/Cinnamon
DrHu
Level 17
Level 17

Re: WordBiz is installed and boots but freezes

Postby tbrownarcher2 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:08 am

linux mint is th only linux that i have evre gotten to work so i WILL have to use it .... I would n't think that it would be a problem with mint but i'm not saying it couldn't be. I will wait on your next post to see what you found out.

I really didn't understand what you meant in your post as a fix to the install. I actually get th program to run but it is a guarantee that it will lock up or freez up fairly quickly , (45 seconds)
IBM lenovo ThinkCentre which is using linux mint 17 cinnamon

Dell dimension 3000 using linux mint 14 mate cinnamon

HP Pavilion A 720 n runnng linux mint 14 and 15 mate

Toshiba Sattalite laptop running Linux mint 15 and Windows 7
tbrownarcher2
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Software & Applications