SMPlayer can't play next video automatically

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
8hatchery

SMPlayer can't play next video automatically

Post by 8hatchery »

Hello, guys. New guy here, really glad to be a part of this community. I installed my mint 14 couple weeks ago, it is so great, much better than the current Ubuntu.

And I am trying to find a good media player. It seems that VLC and SMPlayer are the best. But VLC has audio and video sync problems from time to time on my computer. So right now, I only use SMPlayer, but it seems that SMPlayer can't play next video on playlist automatically. I can't find any solution through googling, and it seems that not a lot of people are facing this problem.

Can someone help me on this problem, or recommend some other better media players?
Thank you!

Edit: VLC's playlist is working fine. And just tried Gnome mplayer, it also won't play next file. It seems to be a mplayer problem, rather than front-end gui problem.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
8hatchery

Re: SMPlayer can't play next video automatically

Post by 8hatchery »

I guess not many people have this problem, or don't get bothered by it.

I kind of solved it, but not ideal solution. It turns out that the default smplayer in apt-get uses mplayer2, so I downgraded mplayer from mplayer2 to mplayer. Now, the playlist problem is solved, but I hope mplayer2 can solve this problem soon.
jcoles
Level 2
Level 2

Re: SMPlayer can't play next video automatically

Post by jcoles »

Thanks for the tip, 8hatchery.
Gnome Player is nice, but was ruined by not being able to follow a playlist. Replacing mplayer2 with mplayer did the trick.
I like VLC, but I can't stand the periodic audio glitches I'm getting from the repository version.
One of the annoyances of Linux distributions is the inclusion of multiple media players, none of which work completely correctly.
It seems most people aren't very fussy.

Return to “Software & Applications”