xfce and gnome-screensaver confused

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

xfce and gnome-screensaver confused

Postby minty33 on Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:08 pm

I had another thread on this but I feel it should be in software because the answers don't fit my question.
I installed mint 14 xfce x64. I know it uses gnome-screensaver but there is nothing in settings or any of the menus to configure this. I see no answer anywhere as to how to configure the gnome-screensaver under xfce mint14. Everyone just says it's in settings or whatever but its not they must be using mate and assume it's on xfce but it's not. I know the gnome-screensaver daemon is running but where is the config tool to select a screensaver or time till it starts ect ... how do I get this functionality without resorting to xscreensaver.
Plz help.
We all pay for life with death so everything in between should be free. - Bill Hicks
minty33
Level 3
Level 3

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: xfce and gnome-screensaver confused

Postby MtnDewManiac on Wed Jun 19, 2013 12:49 pm

If you are wanting to configure the individual screensaver hacks, you can't with gnome-screensaver.

If you are wishing to configure the time before gnome-screensaver activates... I am not sure how to do this as I ripped gnome-screensaver out of my system and installed xscreensaver so that I could configure the individual screensavers.

Regards,
MDM
_____
Proud to be a Mint user. Running 32-bit Mint 14 Xfce (with Xfce 4.10 and 4.12 PPAs). I have the best modern OS and it runs on my really old hardware, lol.
"Change should never be your goal but, instead, only a means to reach your goal."
MtnDewManiac
Level 4
Level 4

Return to Software & Applications