xfce and gnome-screensaver confused

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
minty33

xfce and gnome-screensaver confused

Post by minty33 »

I had another thread on this but I feel it should be in software because the answers don't fit my question.
I installed mint 14 xfce x64. I know it uses gnome-screensaver but there is nothing in settings or any of the menus to configure this. I see no answer anywhere as to how to configure the gnome-screensaver under xfce mint14. Everyone just says it's in settings or whatever but its not they must be using mate and assume it's on xfce but it's not. I know the gnome-screensaver daemon is running but where is the config tool to select a screensaver or time till it starts ect ... how do I get this functionality without resorting to xscreensaver.
Plz help.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
MtnDewManiac
Level 6
Level 6

Re: xfce and gnome-screensaver confused

Post by MtnDewManiac »

If you are wanting to configure the individual screensaver hacks, you can't with gnome-screensaver.

If you are wishing to configure the time before gnome-screensaver activates... I am not sure how to do this as I ripped gnome-screensaver out of my system and installed xscreensaver so that I could configure the individual screensavers.

Regards,
MDM
Mint 18 Xfce 4.12.

If guns kill people, then pencils misspell words, cars make people drive drunk, and spoons made Rosie O'Donnell fat.

Return to “Software & Applications”