Changing default program solved

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read this

Changing default program solved

Postby A.A. on Fri May 23, 2008 5:40 pm

Hi there,
I had a little question, how do I change the default program for a extension?
Say I want to play .mp3 with Exaile and not with Totem, what do I have to do then?
And another thing that I would like to do is: that when I press the Print screen button, that I get Ksnapshot instead of Gnome's screenshot program. Because I like Ksnapshot because of it s ability to take a screenshot from a region..(if there is possibility to do this with the gnome program, let me know)

Thanks!

PS. I 'm using Daryana
A.A.
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Changing default program

Postby 67GTA on Sun May 25, 2008 12:09 am

1. Navigate to a MP3 file, right click, select properties, click on "Open With" tab, and select which app you want as default. This will change all MP3 file types to open with the same app. This works with other media also(movies, text files, etc.)

2. Go to system tools/configuration editor, click down to: /apps/metacity/keybinding_commands/command_screenshot, and change gnome-screenshot to ksnapshot
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing." Edmund Burke
67GTA
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Changing default program

Postby A.A. on Sun May 25, 2008 3:59 pm

67GTA wrote:1. Navigate to a MP3 file, right click, select properties, click on "Open With" tab, and select which app you want as default. This will change all MP3 file types to open with the same app. This works with other media also(movies, text files, etc.)

2. Go to system tools/configuration editor, click down to: /apps/metacity/keybinding_commands/command_screenshot, and change gnome-screenshot to ksnapshot

Thank you!
A.A.
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications