Firefox bookmark icons missing

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fuzzy Penquin

Firefox bookmark icons missing

Post by Fuzzy Penquin »

Didn't find what I was looking for on the search.

While trying on different (pre-loaded) Cinnamon themes yesterday, I noticed that all the bookmark icons in my Firefox bookmarks are suddenly gone. The little green folders that acompany a folder in the main list, as well as each subfolder within a folder. All gone, although the link's title remains and is usable. Going back to the default Cinnamon theme has not fixed this. Nothing new was downloaded or installed. I'm using Firefox 19 and Mint 14. Will this little glitch eventually fix itself? My keyboard and mouse suddenly refused to work on startup unless unplugged/replugged, but after a few days this suddenly fixed itself and now works fine. Maybe my bookmarks will do the same?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
jaderiver
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Firefox bookmark icons missing

Post by jaderiver »

My MATE Firefox bookmark issue was solved... See:

http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=122231

Maybe you can use the same solution(s) with Cinnamon.
ASUS U56E 64-bit Mint 21.2 MATE Victoria No longer dualbooting WIN 7 and surviving
T-Mobile 5G or 4GLTE hotspot
; WiFi/Tether to Android hotspot
Fuzzy Penquin

Re: Firefox bookmark icons missing

Post by Fuzzy Penquin »

Awesome, I will try that. Thanks! I can't imagine that Mate and Cinnamon are so different that this trick won't work the same for both. I still have to import my bookmarks back into Firefox after my botched attempt to switch to KDE (which didn't like my system, so I reinstalled Cinnamon again), so if my little green folders go missing again then I will try this trick and see if it fixes my problem too. I'll report back here if it works, for future Cinnamon users who may come across this same problem.

:)

Return to “Software & Applications”