Cinnamon Calendar Applet Doesn't auto update the time

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Cinnamon Calendar Applet Doesn't auto update the time

Postby likiud on Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi

I just installed Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon. Everything seems to work fine except for the time. The applet doesn't auto the time.

As you can see on the screenshot, the date/time app and the settings for the calendar is the correct time, but the time at the bottom left isn't. I can update to the current time by tabbing through the Calendar Settings Format options, but the time won't change itself, which is annoying.

Is there anyway to fix this, or a workaround to maybe use something different to display the clock? I an very inexperienced with Linux so minimal jargon is appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments
2013-03-23.png
likiud
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Cinnamon Calendar Applet Doesn't auto update the time

Postby sakkelaaksonen on Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:15 am

Could somebody from development reply to this? I have the exact same problem.

I changed the calendar format to display date & time only instead of week day names (referred to http://www.foragoodstrftime.com/ by clicking the "Generate your own formats" link in Calendar settings view.
After changing it, the clock and date stopped updating. Reverting to defaults did not fix this.

I don't know if this is related or not but earlier I also changed the weekdays to start from Monday.
This did not break the clock updating when I did it but I thought it might be worth mentioning since it does affect the calendar applet.
sakkelaaksonen
Level 1
Level 1

Postby bourbon beat on Fri May 10, 2013 9:30 am

Could some one please reply to this? I'm having the same issue, and it's really irking me.
bourbon beat
Level 1
Level 1

Postby ahlulnugraha on Sun May 12, 2013 10:03 am

I had this problem too before, and fixed by untick internet time in Date and time setting then restart Cinnamon.
ahlulnugraha
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Clete2 on Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:10 am

I have the same problem, but I can't click "Unlock" in the Date & Time settings in order to toggle the "Network Time" slider.

Using cinnamon 2.2.14 (on Gentoo).
Clete2
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications