remove 'tooltips' in bianca menu

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
matva
Level 1
Level 1

remove 'tooltips' in bianca menu

Post by matva »

when im browsing through the bianca menu items, some annoying tooltip boxes saying brief descriptions of the item show up. They kind of get in my way, is there any way to disable them?

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Husse

Post by Husse »

Welcome to Mint evensteven
You give the right place to remove tooltips and I suppose that should work in a virtualbox
Lolo Uila
Level 5
Level 5

Post by Lolo Uila »

Doesn't seem to work in Mint Menu though.

Could the tooltips be coming from something else (Beryl, Compiz, or...)?
Husse

Post by Husse »

Topic moved to the Mint menu subsection
Hopefully Lars has an answer :)
Toontwnca
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Toontwnca »

I find the tooltips very annoying also.
Toontwnca
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Toontwnca »

evensteven wrote:hi folks...i have the same question. thought maybe this reply would bump it up. i'm using cassandra in virtualbox so there's no beryl support. so i don't know what my window manager is. i know how to disable tooltips in gnome but this apparently doesn't work with mint. should it?
gconf-editor>>apps/panel/global>>tooltips_enabled. uncheck.
You would think it should; but alas it doesn't for me.
Toontwnca
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Toontwnca »

lars wrote:
evensteven wrote:hi folks...i have the same question. thought maybe this reply would bump it up. i'm using cassandra in virtualbox so there's no beryl support. so i don't know what my window manager is. i know how to disable tooltips in gnome but this apparently doesn't work with mint. should it?
gconf-editor>>apps/panel/global>>tooltips_enabled. uncheck.
Hi evensteven
as you have already noticed disabling tooltips_enabled will not work for mintMenu. Mainly for one reason: I didn't knew that such an options exists ;)
Toontwnca wrote:I find the tooltips very annoying also.
Next version ( 2.4 - 2.3 is already set and should have been released this week ) of mintMenu will take gconf-editor>>apps/panel/global>>tooltips_enabled into consideration and will also add its own option to disable tooltips.

Ok Thanks.
Husse

Post by Husse »

I've seen that image somewhere else in the forum :)
RCC

Re: remove 'tooltips' in bianca menu

Post by RCC »

Trying to disable those annoying (and redundant) tooltip popups in mintMenu on two computer--one running Celina and the other running Daryna. Is there still no way to do this? Looks like the last response here was July 2007. Its now 11 months later!

Any thoughts? Tanks in advance...

Return to “Software & Applications”