Mozilla graphical error with scroll

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
x00

Mozilla graphical error with scroll

Post by x00 »

Hi folks.

I have this graphical problem that seems particularly to do with mozilla products.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=854870

The above contains a bunch of info about my setup. Ask any questions.

However it is not super clear what is at actually to blame.

it could be GPU, Mate, entirely Moz related or something else entirely.

I think this happens after a update (which included MATE and Firefox), but also reinstalling drivers.

I tend to Install Nvidia drivers that they provide of their website. This has never caused me problem before is this a bad idea?

Last time I tried to install through the additional drivers, it caused a conflict with x-window didn't load, I had to use fail-safe xorg.conf to clean up. Then I reinstalled Nvidia drivers, and everything apart from this is ok.

Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Mozilla graphical error with scroll

Post by xenopeek »

This is a problem with your graphics card driver, definitely. I've had the same sort of graphical glitches on my Intel HD Graphics 3000, which was solved with a newer kernel and Xorg drivers. So try a different driver?
x00

Post by x00 »

I though so, so i guess moz is using some special rendering facility? Which is why it is isn’t happening in chrome or opera?

which driver would you recommend I try for GeForce FX 5200, I will also be getting an additional card GeForce GT 210.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Post by xenopeek »

Chrome and Opera might integrate less with the Linux desktop, and might not use the system's rendering facilities. I'm not sure. The graphical issues I had were in all applications (but I'm using neither Chrome nor Opera).

As to which driver you should use, I'm not sure. If you are using MATE without Compiz, the open source driver should be fine. I'd suggest you ask for advice on that in the Graphics Cards forum: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewforum.php?f=59
MartinaNeumayer

Post by MartinaNeumayer »

x00 wrote:Ask any questions.
Do You use Cairo-Dock (GLX-Dock)?
If yes, turn them OFF.

My driver version for FX 5200 are 173.14.35
and they works fine.

Return to “Software & Applications”