Pidgin wont open hotmail

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
sadexpunk

Pidgin wont open hotmail

Post by sadexpunk »

hi

on my third day of linux mint 14, after transferring from windows, and still trying to get everything as i want. pretty happy so far, just this 'mail problem' im having.
ive got my yahoo, 2 X gmail accounts and a hotmail account up and running in pidgin, and i get the correct notifications if mail comes in. its when i click to go to the inbox that i have problems.

the other accounts are fine, theyll take me to the inbox, but msn acc, even tho it says itll go to the inbox, just takes me to a sign in page for microsoft. i sign in, and it just takes me to an overview of my account, where i can edit details, change password etc, but....... i cant access my mail!

if i want to check hotmail, i have to go to another tab and type in www.hotmail.com and i can access it from there, but id just like to sort it so i can access all my mail from pidgin. if i cant sort it, is thunderbird the best option? ive tried linking everything to one gmail acc but its just annoying having loads of different accounts mail coming in on one page, id like to keep them seperate, but accessible at the click of a button.

thanks a lot
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
chiefjim
Level 6
Level 6

Re: Pidgin wont open hotmail

Post by chiefjim »

Pidgin is for instant messaging such as ICQ, AIM and FACEBOOK. HOTMAIL is an e-mail service. Use Thunderbird and it will manage and check all your e-mail accounts.
Mint-21.0 Mate 64 bit / LMDE-5 64 bit
Gigabyte H370M D3H
Intel G3258
Crucial Ballistic Sport 32GB DDR4 2400
8TB HDD Seagate Baracuda 5400rpm
sadexpunk

Re: Pidgin wont open hotmail

Post by sadexpunk »

yep, tis true, but.............its supposed to work, so why doesnt it? pidgin opens my gmail and yahoo inboxes, and in the msn dropdown menu it says 'go to hotmail inbox'. so it IS supposed to do this. yep, i could use thunderbird, but having come from trillian on windows (cant log into it these days) id prefer to combine the chat/email into 1 handy app :-)

thanks

Return to “Software & Applications”