Youtube show more, and comments buttons dont work

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Youtube show more, and comments buttons dont work

Postby danman33 on Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:41 pm

I have linux mint 14 Nadia in cinnamon with firefox, and I am having trouble with youtube. The video loads fine, but none of the buttons in the comments work. I'm assuming this is a problem with the javascript. None of the buttons such as the "show more" button and the "see the comment" button or the "load more comments" button work. I have used chromium, and it works with youtube, and all the buttons. I do not want to switch to chromium, but youtube makes up a third of my web browsing and this is a big problem for me.

Thank you so much.
danman33
Level 1
Level 1

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Youtube show more, and comments buttons dont work

Postby homerscousin on Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:08 pm

What version of Firefox? I run 18. The only puzzling thing I notice is on some web pages and only very infrequently my up and down arrow keys(keyboard) quit working for scrolling a page. I know the you-tube buttons work for me. I have flash-block and ad-block installed. There must have been some default plugins with Firefox on my system. There are 8 total. I disabled all except the first--shockwave flash.
i5 3570k, ASRock z77 Extreme 4, 8 Gb Ripjaws 1600, Antec 430w psu, HVR 1600 tv tuner, custom case- marble top, oak face. Carver & DCM Time Window sound system. Mint 14 KDE.
homerscousin
Level 5
Level 5

Return to Software & Applications