Please help! Standby\hibernat won't work on my Dell notebook

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rivenought

Re: Please help! Standby\hibernat won't work on my Dell notebook

Post by rivenought »

Not sure if this would make a difference or not, but I thought I might toss it out for your consideration and verification. When you installed Mint 5, how much space did you allocate in your /swap partition? I have found 512 MB to be adequate, but around 1 GB works just about right for notebooks. The amount varies depending on your base RAM and your needs.

Also, compiz may not be necessary to make your windows "faster." That can be relative to preference, but I do not use compiz or have 3D effects at all on my two main machines. I am not getting any "slowness" of windows, but once again, my desktop does not have the same applications running either. You may have to do some evaluating as to your needs. There are different setting levels of desktop effects. Try those out, if you have time.

Searching this forum might provide some positive results. Second choice would be the Ubuntu forums. They also have a Dell-specific section over there, too. Chances are, you can get a quick-fix or a workaround working easily. Good luck.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.

Return to “Software & Applications”