Ephphany web brouser

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help

Ephphany web brouser

Postby tineagle3@sbcglobal.net on Fri Jun 13, 2008 1:29 pm

When I attempt to install the Epiphany brouser I get this message: File “/usr/share/ubuntu-artwork/home/locales/index-C.html” not found.
Check the location of the file and try again. Can anyone help?
tineagle3@sbcglobal.net

Linux Mint is funded by ads and donations.

Re: Ephphany web brouser

Postby NBSVieiraPT on Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:00 pm

I also had that. I believe it is just a frontpage as you have in firefox with the Elyssa default search page... I just changed in Epiphany to be the Elyssa start page and it works like a charm :wink:
NBSVieiraPT

Postby tineagle3@sbcglobal.net on Sat Jun 14, 2008 10:39 am

Thank you NBSVieiraPT, your instructions worked perfectly!! Thanks again.
tineagle3@sbcglobal.net

Postby thetanews on Thu Aug 07, 2008 10:41 am

NBSVieiraPT wrote:I also had that. I believe it is just a frontpage as you have in firefox with the Elyssa default search page... I just changed in Epiphany to be the Elyssa start page and it works like a charm :wink:

Dear NBSVieiraPT,
I didn't understand what and how you have changed in order to get epiphany-browser working. I've installed Mint Daryna 4.0, but I don't consider this being important. In Firefox I've google as default search page. Then I'm asking how you just changed in Epiphany to be the Elyssa (in my case Daryna) start page. Do you have used a code through the terminal window or a graphical windows concerning the setting for the browser to be used in surfing internet? Please let me understand, so that I can too use the Epiphany browser.
I thank you for the help.
Cheer thetanews
thetanews
Level 1
Level 1

Postby rivenought on Thu Aug 07, 2008 11:47 am

In Epiphany, you can click on Edit > Preferences, and under the General tab you can set the start page to be blank or to a page of your choosing. What I did was open Firefox to the Mint Elyssa start page, copied that address, and then pasted it in the Epiphany browser address bar. I clicked it and then told Epiphany to set as my start page. It was quick and easy.

Oddly, when I first installed Epiphany, it was not in my menu list. I went in and checked the Epiphany (gecko) browser instead of the other one. I have two options, but now only the gecko one show up. Everything works, so I am not complaining, obviously.

Firefox works just great for me, but I did want to experiment with the default GNOME browser and see what it could do. I know Konqueror in KDE is a good browser option to Firefox, as well. Have fun.
rivenought
Level 5
Level 5

Postby thetanews on Thu Aug 07, 2008 7:43 pm

rivenought wrote:In Epiphany, you can click on Edit > Preferences, and under the General tab you can set the start page to be blank or to a page of your choosing. What I did was open Firefox to the Mint Elyssa start page, copied that address, and then pasted it in the Epiphany browser address bar. I clicked it and then told Epiphany to set as my start page. It was quick and easy.

Oddly, when I first installed Epiphany, it was not in my menu list. I went in and checked the Epiphany (gecko) browser instead of the other one. I have two options, but now only the gecko one show up. Everything works, so I am not complaining, obviously.

Firefox works just great for me, but I did want to experiment with the default GNOME browser and see what it could do. I know Konqueror in KDE is a good browser option to Firefox, as well. Have fun.

Dear rivenough,
thank you. Finally it has worked. Now I can use Epiphany me too and see how it is good. I've an old PC, mobo Asus CUV4mx, CPU Via Coppermine 800 Mhz of the year 1999, RAM 512. Then using a lighter web browser is preferable for this pc. I'm using Linux purely, without Win, since about six month by now and I prefer it. With the XP Home and the antivirus, antispyware, adware, anti rootkits, the daily updating and so on I was going nowhere. I'm using the Firestarter (firewall) and that's all and is OK. This PC can have some further future. Next few months with the release of the new CPUs, the actual Mobos gets cheaper and then I can buy a new to replace this one, Asus and CPU Intel of course. I thank you again for the help.
Cheer thetanews
thetanews
Level 1
Level 1

Return to Software & Applications